Do you believe in the saying "Once you go black, you never come back".

I was just wondering if people still say that today. I think my son might like a girl who is partially black and I worried that it will be harder for him to ever get a white girl. I remember when I was a teen, girls didn't want to date a guy if he was with a black girl.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 9:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• no, that's an old fashioned (and offensive) idea.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm sure it is still true for some people; however white girls are usually more open-minded to interracial dating than white guys are.

But, there's also a saying around here that the guys use for white girls who date black guys: Once you go black, we won't take you back." (my husband agrees.)
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Wow you sound racist but i myself dated black guys before and i still ended up with my Italian husband so that saying is really stupid and funny
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No. That sounds silly. If other girls won't date him because of his previous girlfriend's race, he's better off without them.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• ??? i think that's meant once a woman has experienced a black penis,she'll never want another color mans"
    I've never heard of someone not wanting to date someone if they've ever been with a black,or half black person. That attitude is quite racist.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• WOW, that is the most retarded thing I've heard so far. Why on earth do you care if your son dates a black girl? Prejudice much? The saying is not true. Every guy i have dated has been with a black girl before me. And i have dated a black guy & im now married to a white guy. Unless the person is a racist asshole, people don't care if someone dated a black person before them. I would rather my DD date a black man ANY DAY than a racist piece of white trash... race is not an issue in our home at all. We see people for their good hearts, not their skin color....

You must have grown up with a bunch of racists....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I cannot even form a polite response . how honestly totally ignorant
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Its an ignorant way of thinking, your entitled to be that ...your choice

I have heard people say it as a joke, don't know anyone who BELIEVES it...

Except a WW who is a friend of my sisters, her Uncle (who raised her) told her a WM would never want her after a BM already had her....but he was one step away from wearing a Klan robe...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Do you want your son to be happy? If so then why does it matter? You really have to be careful how you word things. It does sound racist.
    Momofboys22

Answer by Momofboys22 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Please don't bump this, people. Let's let it fade into obscurity as quickly as possible.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:19 AM on Aug. 4, 2010