is anyone else totally annoyed by that expression 'cougar'?

-its used to describe women over 40 [sometimes younger, sometimes older] who are attractive and that like to date younger men

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• Nah..thats what it means..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't love it. It's a fairly new term, and I don't get why there needs to be a term for it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm not annoyed with it, I think it's funny,
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It makes me uncomfortable. I don't like the idea of the women being put in a cubbyhole. It makes them seem like predators, wild-eyed.

Answer by Bmat at 9:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't like it. I don't understand why they use th term cougar either. Is there a term like that for older men dating younger women? I have quite a few friends that are over 40 who are still dating, some have never been married. I don't like the idea of people thinking they're cougars. I know most of them are pretty bummed about still being single, I know for one friend it doesn't feel so great to be called a cougar when while she is lonely & looking. She has jokingly been called a cougar a few times & it hurt her feelings. She doesn't even care about the age, she is just hot & young men like her (but don't want lasting relationships) older guys want younger women, so it's tough for my friend. She is having a hard time & she is just gorgeous too!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:19 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm not thrilled with it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I do not let things like that bother me. If I was single and I was 40'ish I would feel wonderful if younger men found me attractive, most women would. Put yourself in their position, how is someone younger attracted to someone older? the same way everyone else is and
    that is normal.
    jewels4you119

Answer by jewels4you119 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Men have done this through the years.. What are they called? I don't think for the ordinary relationship this should have a name! But what do I know? I'll be married to the same DH 30 years on the 30th!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:56 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• The term certainly isn't attractive. I could be considered a cougar. I like younger men. I prefer to have a man who likes to go dancing on Saturday as opposed to sitting at home & staring at the 4 walls. I've also found myself attracted to sexy older men too so I guess I can go both ways.

I think it's kind of odd when I hear women above 40 who say they could never date a younger man! At this stage of my life I'm not exactly looking for someone to discuss the Cuban Missle crisis or Reagonomics. Give me a sweet guy with soft skin who knows how to treat me right & I'm happy.
    Miss2010

Answer by Miss2010 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• cougars are hot, as in real life cougars not the women..come on...they are sleak, cunning, gorgeous yet deadly rawr. i call my husband my sexy panther lol so i say take it as a compliment. your a cougar RAWR haha
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2010