I am looking for a libary for homeschool criculum

A libary that loans out accual criculum.
Melany

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 9:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Have you checked your local library to see what they have?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yep not much..
    four2bmws

Comment by four2bmws (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Your local library or library system is going to be your option here. Your library itself my not have anything, but are you allowed to check out materials at OTHER local library system on your library card? Is it networked with other libraries? My library is small, but they network with other local library, including one of the local colleges. If you haven't been able to find actual curriculum books have you consider just using books on the topics. If you are studying frogs then getting books about frogs. If you are studying colonial America then get books about colonial America. Many of those type of books can be found, they are factual, often have more detail then little blurbs in science and history books. Not only that but often you can find good books written at your child's grade level. (This would be using what many term "living books".)
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• thank u for the help.....I am still hopeing
    four2bmws

Comment by four2bmws (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You want to know what I find the most frightening about this thread?

The mother who desires to HS her children, can not spell even the most simple of words. 'Hoping'... how do you propose to teach your children even basic skills, when you do not possess them?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Thanks ObbyDobbie
    four2bmws

Comment by four2bmws (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• there are a lot of things on line and I will check with a few of my home school moms to see if I can find more info for you.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Can I ask a question? In PS(public school) did your teachers every misspell a word? Or make mistakes? Yep, I am sure they did. None is perfect. This is also the internet, IE: r..e...l...a..x...e...d writing forum. No need to be perfect. So she missed a letter, so what?

OP...
    Not many curriculum vendor's do that. However, you can put together your own curriculum online for free, or check out ebay. That's what I am doing this year. I am teaching A BEKA's 1st grade curriculum to DD. Just go on ebay and search Homeschool. Maybe even join a HS group on here and ask them. Good luck!! You can do it, and it really does pay off.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 2:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• RheaF- Thank you for ASSuming that I attended public school. I did not, I was *gasp* Unschooled! Imagine that.

Could this possibly be the reason why I find it so important that parents who choose to commit such and egregious act, at least be educated their self?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Obby, I've been grilled about my fitness to homeschool by women claiming to be public school teachers, whose grammar and spelling skills were deplorable. But I will agree that anyone considering homeschooling needs to stop letting those things slide and do their own homework to get such stuff right.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010