did you know....66 years ago today....

The gestapo arrested the Franks, Van Pels and Fritz Pfeffer? If these names aren't familiar, does Anne Frank ring a bell? They hid from the nazis for about 2 years. Someone told the gestapo about them, they were arrested and soon shipped off to different concentration camps. Otto, Anne's father was the only survivor. He reunited with Meep, a co-worker who helped hide the families. She held onto Anne's diary in hopes to give it back to her. otto held onto it for many years then decided to have it published. Meep recently passed away. She was 100 years old. Let's take this time to appreciate what we have! Things could always be worse!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I started watching that movie the other day. Maybe I'll finish it today.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Thanks for posting!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Thank you I love History and am Facinated with Anne Franks Story!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• PBS aired a version back in April. Best I've seen yet! Many unpublished diary entries were portrayed, some which arent even in the books or other movies. It wasn't all over dramatic acting either. Very realistic. The girl who plays Anne is Ellie Kendrick.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Nice post , thanks!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Did you see the home movie of a wedding and it has Anne waving out a window to the happy couple? It was found when the couple died and their children were looking through the belongings and realized who was in the clip.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I saw that! I always wondered where that flm was found. Do they know for a fact it's her? I mean it looks like her, but that doesnt mean much.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, it was authenticated. It was her just waving and smiling.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes that's right! i just looked at it again. It's at the museum isnt it? I dont think they'd have it there unless it was authentic
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We do need to bring up these stories. You forget history you will repeat it.

Thanks for the post.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:57 AM on Aug. 4, 2010