I forgot what to pack!!

I forgot what to pack for new baby! I know the hospital will provide diapers and formula, although I am going to bf, but what should I bring for myself besides clothes, toothbrush/paste, and shampoo/conditoner!!!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• bring the baby a take home outfit and if the hospital does pictures you will need an outfit for pictures. the hospital gives you some kind of net underwear to wear with the big pads some dont like them so you might want to bring underwear and some pads
    seansgurl

Answer by seansgurl at 9:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Maybe some menus for local restaurants that deliver, a book (although you probably won't get to use that.), CAMERA!, a pillow...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• definitely your own pads! And a laptop if you have one.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Bring your own pads, lots of undies you don't mind tossing and lots of socks(my water broke once and kept leaking so I needed lots of socks!) Socks are important! The baby you just need going home clothes. Good luck!
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:02 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I brought my own underwear, those netting ones sucked. I brought the pacifiers that I wanted my baby to have. Video camera, I taped alot the day aftyer and driving home. Comfy dark pajama pants and a nice robe. My hospital had nursing gowns so I didnt need that. If you have a boppy pillow that will come in handy for breastfeeding.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Definitely socks and your own pillow. I forgot mine and it was my worst mistake. My head was hurting more than the labor. It was cold, the socks helped a lot. Outfit for the baby, your camera and the boppy pillow is a good idea. Another thing I forgot.
    kberrey

Answer by kberrey at 7:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2010