has anyone had a baby between 33-36 weeks?

im 33 weeks now with my second, and i just know its comming soon. i just wanted to know how was your labor and delivery and most of all the health of the baby? how long did baby have to stay in the hospital? my first baby came at 36 one day from 37 i stayed 4 days he was already 7lb. i was told this baby is a lot bigger than it should be and i know my body is telling me its comming soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you should know that there is a BIG HUGE difference between a 33 weeker and a 34 weeker and a 34 weeker and 35 weeker and so on. the longer your baby stays inside your womb the better! talk to your doctor or midwife about your feelings, and if it really seems you might have your baby early you might want to research ways to stop it. it was too late for me because i had no signs until that day and then nothing worked. if you want i can send you a link to my FB album from when he was in the NICU. just pm. it was very very hard but now he's almost 3 months old and perfectly healthy. :) good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I was almost 2weeks past due so I am not any help. I am sure some one out there has
    beautyoperator

Answer by beautyoperator at 9:33 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Not a baby, but three. My first was born mid-36 weeks, second at mid-34 weeks, and third at mid-36 weeks. My 34 weeker had a partially collapsed lung within his first 24 hours and had a 2 week NICU stay. My other two were in perfect health. All were decent sizes, 6 lb. 5 oz., 6 lb., and 7 lb. 5 oz. respectively. I had easy 7 1/2 hour labors with all my boys, that seems to be the norm for me, but everyone is different. Every baby is different, some are more prepared to arrive earlier than others and some later (I even know one Mom whose son waited around until 44 weeks to be born, and she knew 100% that her dates were right on)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• you should listen to your body and always remember ask your doctor and tell them everything u feel
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i have never had a baby we are now pregnant with our first however i do have a friend who has 3 babies and all have come 5-7 weeks early. She however does have an underlying health issue but her babies are fine. Her last one (born July 1st and was due Aug.4) is doing great and is home now. She had to stay in the NICU for awhile but did fine. that labor and delivery was super fast daddy didn't even make it on time and they live 25 minutes from the hospital!!
    Good luck mommma things will be okay
    ntschetter

Answer by ntschetter at 9:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• 34 weeks. He was in the hospital 2 weeks. 2 days on oxygen. He was able to feed after the oxygen tube came out but they wouldn't let me breast feed the first week. Labor and delivery were normal but the nurse took him right after he was born so I really didn't get to see him till about 10 hrs later.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I didnt, my 1st was born at 37wks 0 days and he was 8lbs and came home a day and a half later!
    My sister had her baby at 34 wks, it was an emergency csection, because her placenta tore away and she had massive blood loss. Juliah wieghed 6lbs 6oz and she stayed in the hospital until her due date :( She was alright, she had to have the feeding tube, and cpap, also a heart monitor (she came home with that) it was really scary and I felt bad for my sister who had to run back and forth from the hospital with 2 other kids at home (one was only 10 mo old!) Luckily, Juliah is 3 now and perfectly fine!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:57 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I went into labor with my second at 33 weeks they stopped it and I had him at exactly 37 weeks..My son heart stopped :( and was in the NICU for 5 days. But he is as healthy as an OX now :) ....
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my son was born at 33 weeks 1 day. i had absolutely no inkling that he might come early. i was more expecting him to be a few days "late" like my first son. the labor and birth were ok other than i had a horrible OB because i was out of town and no where near my midwives! i went from 1 cm dilated when i first got to the hospital to 3 cm a couple of hours later to baby born 3 hours after that!

my son's health was slightly worse than average for a 33 weeker (despite being larger than average for that age at 5 lb 13 oz). he was in the hospital for 26 days. the typical stuff you will have to worry about with a baby that young are

1. respiratory distress, usually with oxygen through a nasal canula (just the little tube that blows air up the nose) and sometimes ventilator but not usually at 33 weeks.
    2. stopping breathing (apnea) and brayacardia (low heart rate). they have monitors for that in the NICU and if your child ..
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• ...has a lot of that they will often give him/her caffeine!
    3. tachypnea (FAST BREATHING). this was my son's big problem and it's a part of respiratory distress syndrome. usually they expect the breathing to slow down within a few days but my son's took 3 weeks or longer to get normal. because it took longer they did all kinds of tests, x-rays, heart ultrasounds, etc but never figured out why.
    4. inability to digest anything. baby will most likely have to be fed by IV nutrition at first, through the naval and later through a PICC line either in the head or arm or leg. they will start trying to give baby breast milk/formula by a nose tube, but baby might not be able to digest anything for a while. my son also took longer than normal on this front and had to have further tests.
    5. pumping pumping pumping. pumping was extremely frustrating, there never seemed to be enough time and my supply did not respond well...
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2010