Best make up?

What is the best make up for someone that has acne including acne scars? I want something that will cover but not feel super heavy.

beautyoperator

Asked by beautyoperator at 9:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i have never tried it personally but I have heard that bare minerals/bare esscentuals is the best stuff.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I use Loreal Minerals and I really like it.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• BARE MINERALS has excellent coverage, non irratating. I wouldnt order online, try to find a store that seels bare minerals. I went to "Ulta" where they actually gave me a mini makeover, finding the right shade, helping to cover my problem area. try it
    ashabri

Answer by ashabri at 9:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Mac has some really high coverage make-up that feels lightweight.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• water based.. for foundations and concealers..
    a good toner before applying..
    a nice translucent bare minerals powder..

and foaming cleansers to remove and before applying.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:56 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Neutrogena used to have a line of Skin Clearing liquid foundation that was EXCELLENT. I use Loreal mineral make-up, the problem with it is concealing. But I've worked around it. It will settle in wrinkles but I use DermaSilk before putting it on to make sure all is smooth!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would have to agree with the Bare Minerals I have seen it work really well for people with acne. You can always go to the mac or sephora store and do a trial run. They have experts there that can help you find the right coverage for your skin.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 4:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• thank you all. I may try out one of the makeover things to see how bare minerals out
    beautyoperator

Comment by beautyoperator (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Jane Iredale is a very good line for people with problem skin. Alot of plastic surgeons and Derms sell it to their clients who need good coverage without irritating the skin. Ive used it and its awesome, expensive but awesome. oh and it DOES NOT feel heavy at all, thats what I love. I had bad skin and Bare minerals made my forehead break out in tiny little bumps, it was horrible.
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 5:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Mary Kay
    http://www.marykay.com/shadesofcolor
    Shades_0f_C0l0r

Answer by Shades_0f_C0l0r at 5:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010