If you are seperated and your Husband starts to date other people....

Why is that the person your husband is dating is considered a homewrecker? I never understood that, I mean you are seperated and if they decided to date that to me let's me know they don't want to work things out with me. So why that is why I don't understand why the other person is considered a homewrecker. No I have not been in this situation I am married, but this got me thinking because of the whole Alicia Keys thing a lot of people are calling her a homewrecker.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 9:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Separation almost always ends in divorce - I believe the statistic is 3/4 end up divorcing. It's ridiculous to call anyone a homewrecker if they're dating someone whose separated, if the person wanted to work it out with their estranged spouse they wouldn't be dating in the first place.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:55 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't think the other person is a homewrecker, but I don't agree with it. I do not believe either person should date until the divorce is final. But that;s JMO.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No a home wrecker is the woman he dates before your separated.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't see a problem with people dating during a separation...I mean isn't that the point of a separation? If you are trying to work things out then wouldn't you be un-separated? I know if DH and I separated, we would both date. It would give us the opportunity to see if there was still something special between us or if we should continue with the divorce.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:04 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Well.. a separation is different than a divorce.. it just means a break. So yah, I would be mad as hell if my guy went and started dating during our separation.. but I wouldn't blame the girl, he's the one with the commitment.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree homewrecker is harsh.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• She isn't a homewrecker....If the hubby decides to date while seperated, it's not her fault, she didn't come in while they are living together as husband and wife, adnd break them up and cause the seperation....
    ThreeFates511

Answer by ThreeFates511 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I suppose it depends on the situation and the other person's point of view. For example if the husband left because he didn't want to work it out and started dating, well he is the one that doesn't want the relationship to work not the other women and the wife obviously is still holding on to it. If its the other way around same thing...I was in that situation I left and I dated, my husband refused to date, but had he I certainly wouldn't have considered him or the other woman a homewrecker - the situation was on me and certainly not the other men I was seeing.
    Now my friend left her husband and is furious he's dating - even though she just moved in a with her boyfriend and left her children...which of course I find hypocritical - if you left you don't get to bitch.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I wouldnt call them a homewrecker, but its hard to explain the way you feel about the other woman until you are in that situation. Sure, the home is obviously already in shambles, but separated isnt divorced. Personally, I didnt view the OW as a homewrecker until my now ex and I had gotten back together to work things out and she wouldnt leave him alone.
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If your seperated your still married, and if he's dating, she IS a homewrecker because if he's dating then he WILL NOT try and work things out at all. Thats what makes the other woman a home wrecker dear. WHY work on things with the wife if he's got everything he needs or wants in another woman?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2010