My 2 year old is Potty Training. WWYD

However I put a diaper on her a night. Sometimes she will cry in the middle of the night and I figured out she has to pee and is holding it as not to pee the bed. So my question is do I get her up to go potty or do I encourage her to pee in her diaper. She is not awake while she cries her eyes are closed and she will not agree to go on the potty. She just keeps crying and screaming.

TinaP0223

Asked by TinaP0223 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldnt encourage her to pee in the diaper that would just be setting her back..I'd let it play itself out..If she gets up to pee then let her pee if not then she will when she's ready.
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Get her up and take her. Have her go just before bed and just as soon as she is awake also. I would even lose the diaper at night. She will learn to recognize the cue and take herself.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree, get her up!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:57 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Bring the potty TO her. Hold her cradled in you arms or the most comfortable way and let her pee half asleep. If you encorage peeing in bed, you will likely have a hard time night training. I nurse my 10 month baby through a night potty pee. Put her in cotton training pants and lay her on an absrbant/waterproof pad or towel on the bed to make it easier to potty and catch a miss.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1608109/Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010