i dont get it

ok i wrote like a week or so ago about how i am trying to get my son back and how my husband will not do any more drug test................... well i got my own place and i am moving in this weekend well the thing i am not understanding is at frist he agreed that this is the best thing for me to do to get my son back but last night i started packing and he got all mad saying why dont you let me help you and why didnt you let me go with you to find your apartment. he at first was ok with it and now he isnt. what is going on with him i dont get it . ok thanks for letting me vent

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• If I understand you, you don't have your ds because of dh's drug problem. And he is now refusing to take the mandatory testing to help you get him back (doesn't sound good). And now that you are doing what is necessary to get your child back he is having issue? I can't say why he's doing what he's doing but I can say that this might be the wake up call he needs. We have temp custody of a family members child due to drugs and neglect. You have to do things by the book to get him back. Don't let your dh cost you your child.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• He agreed but he did not really see that you would do it. NOW it is real to him. Unless he is willing to do the hard work leave him in the dust. Drugs are bad and you don't need to be apart of someone who can not take the time to be on board with raising a family. Good luck honey.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• He realizes it's really happening..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I never seen the original question so I am kind of confused about the whole situation. Why is it that you do not have your son right now?
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree, he probably didn't believe you were actually going to do it. Then when you started packing he had to say something to make you feel guilty for doing it. DO NOT GO BACK! Move into your new apartment and get your son back. Really make this change that will benefit you and your child. Do not go back to him or move back in!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yay you go girl! First it is his problem now your priority is getting your son back let him fix his own self. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• He never thought you would actually leave him! Now that you are he's upset. You need to worry about you and your child. NOT what the hubby wants. Your child really should be your number one priority, then yourself, then others.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i don't think i saw your post either..but don't break your ground..don't let him help you do anything. Tell him the only help you need from him is to get himself clean..otherwise he needs to keep his distance
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• why didnt you involve him? arent you married to him? even though he apparently has a drug issue, if you are not divorcing him why DDINT YOU INVOLVE HIM? cutting him out just creates more pain.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• sati..sometimes you have to force people to choose between drugs or their family.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 4, 2010