Diaper Rash best cure

My daughter has gotten a really bad diaper rash. I am guessing it is because she is cutting a tooth, because I change her regularly and bathe her every other day. Does anyone have a cream or any idea that will help her?? She cries everytime I lay her down to change her diaper because she knows what is coming! :0(

IzabellasMom210

Asked by IzabellasMom210 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Health

• try conrstarch based baby powders they even have a medicated one.I used this when my DD was having a hard time with diaper rashes.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 11:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Try zinc oxide -- you can get it OTC at the pharmacy
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• This is what worked best for us: change the diaper frequently, allow her bottom to dry thoroughly before putting on a new diaper. Avoid using baby wipes because the soap can be irritating. You can either use soft, wet paper towels or soft re-usable rags. I also used a squirt bottle to help get my daughter's bottom clean. And "pat" as much as you can vs. wiping.

Allow your daughter to air dry as much as possible. Let her so w/o her diaper for a little while. Getting the area dried out is a must. As for creams--all kids are different. Nothing worked for us as well as good ole Desitin Original. It has the highest concentration of zinc oxide.

Also, be sure it is not a yeast infection. If you're dealing with yeast, you'll need to do things differently--and definitely NO cornstarch for that.
    ClownPleco

Answer by ClownPleco at 11:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• If nothing over the counter works ask your doctor about a prescription called "miracle butt cream" yes it is actually called that! My son had a bad rash and nothing worked, my doctor prescribed the miracle butt cream and it worked within 1 day. It is great stuff!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Triple paste, you can get it at Walmart, its expensive, but totally worth it, plus its money back guaranteed.
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 12:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• in the hospital they gave me a sensi-care cream (that is the name if the cream) for diaper rash, and it works great! My baby had a horrible rash and it was gone within 3 days. i do not know if it is sold at any store but you can ask! I also know that bathing every day will also reduce a chance of any infection, especially if our babies are girls.
    ysmar2005

Answer by ysmar2005 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My LO had diaper rash that was bleeding. We would change him alot and use a hair dryer on the cool setting to dry him quick and good, than we used a&d ointment worked great!!!
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• my son has exzima (spelling?) and i find that aveeno baby diaper rash ointment works the best for him he has been on a lot of antibiotics that upset his tummy and cause terrible diaper rash so bad that skin has peeled off his bottom and the only thing that would help him fast is aveeno baby diaper rash ointment. the tube comes in a box and it is not cheap but well worth it
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• rosebud salve will clear it up in a few hours, my son never had one because as soon as he looked a little red I would put it on him but I watched a little boy that had the worst rash I ever saw, I covered it in rosebud salve and put a cotton cloth diaper on him for 2 hours and it was gone! Its amazing stuff. I get it at sephora but you can find it online
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2008