have you ever wondered?

Have you ever wondered about "the one that got away"?

Why or why not?

Do you think wondering indicates you are not in fact happily married (or attached or w/e)?

If the chance ever arouse for a shot at another chance with "the one that got away", would you take it?

ToriBabe1221

Asked by ToriBabe1221 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've thought about some of those guys and then I smile a big smile and say "thank God it didn't work out"
    I'm so happy with my husband now... I know they weren't right for me
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Only before I met my husband did I wonder! After that, and until this post, no! LOL :o) But now that I've been reminded (thanks!), if I did have the opportunity (which I seriously doubt as I'm very happily married), I definitely would look him up! The only problem with that is he lives in AUSTRALIA...so that pretty much eliminates the odds that we'd ever bump into one another! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have wondered about one in particular who was in my class in high school and we dated in college. I never felt "that way" about him, but he did, and we parted on bad terms- my fault. I wondered in later years how he was and what his life was like. He was a nice guy, just no romantic feelings on my part. I don't feel disloyalty to my husband. The loss of any friend that you've known for years and talked and discussed with would leave a sad place in your heart.

Answer by Bmat at 10:02 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• nope
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:04 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think about it sometimes, but not in a "what could have been" way. Actually I have 2 that got away. I have seen or talked to both of them in the past few years, and and "what might have been" thoughts are now completely gone and I can't believe I ever cared about them in the first place LOL What was I thinking?
    jennimomof4

Answer by jennimomof4 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Occasionally I wonder how they are. I hope they're happy. But anything beyond that, no.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I've always wondered why it didnt work for me and my highschool bf. We did get back together many times..and i realized that he only wanted me for sex. My conclusion is this: he was a freak. he cheated on me with a girl that always wanted anal. When we got back together once he would try to do it to me and i wouldnt permit it so i don't think i was freaky enough for him. Plus he liked ass play and i wasnt all into that either. I know that he loved me as a person but i would never have been able to keep up with his sexual needs. He recently got married for the 2nd time and i often wonder if his wife is a freak? I don't think it will work out for them if shes not.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• *and no offense to anyone who like anal for me saying its freaky...for anyone who wants to make a big deal about it..i'm sure there will be someone..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• He didn't "get away." God led us to each other and our souls recognized each other as true soul-mates. We will be celebrating our 18th anniversary of marriage this year...we met and fell in love a little over 20 years ago this summer. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yep. I do. It's natural to think about that, but it doesn't determin how happy you are in your marriage. All that it means is that you wonder about what would've happened if circumstances were different. It's natural for humans to think back and it's natural for us to be curious. Our current relationships aren't effected, because we can still be happy with what we have even if we do wonder.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2010