Dealing with people's attitudes and TTC #2---Why's everybody always pickin on me! LOL

So my husband and I after much deliberation and advice from my lovely friends here on cafemom have decided to start ttc baby #2. I get my IUD removed this Friday!! Our DS is 10 months old. We are both 26 and finacially stable and we own our home. The doctor said I am in good health. We know it will be hard if we on concieve right away the babies will be 20 months apart at the youngest but we think in the long run it will be great. I am so excited but also scared to death at having 2 babies especially if they end up 20 months apart! Now how to deal with the flack we are getting from the ppl around us saying it is way too soon and that we can't love both or the children equally and will be cheating our ds out of affection?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My kids are 17.5 months apart. I love that they are so close. DD1 doesn't ever remember a time when DD2 wasn't there. They play very well together. Some people told DH and I that they were going to be "too close in age" and all of that other crap. But, you can love both babies and both of your children can get all of the attention that they want, need and deserve. I'm sure that having another child wasn't something that you and your DH decided on a whim. I think that you should trust y'alls decision and do what YOU want. Everyone else, they've had their chance to live their lives the way that they have wanted. It's your turn to live your life how you see fit. Best of luck to you!.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Don't listen & do what you want. You are an adult, it is your decision. Good Luck.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Ignore then just like you do when people judge and try to tell you how to live your lives in other ways. I have 2 babies 17 months apart PLUS 2 older children and am doing just fine. So will you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• That's crazy. My 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart, my 4th and 5th are 20 months apart. I don't love any of my children any less because of their closeness in ages! My 2nd and 3rd are now 9 and 10 and are great friends - have always been close enough in age to have the same interests at the same times and played together really well. It is a little hard having them so close when they are young, but I really think it pays off as they age. By the time my 3rd was 9-10 months she and her brother were already playing together well and would entertain each other.

Answer by missanc at 10:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It's too late to put the genie back in the bottle, but you really shouldn't have said anything to anyone about it until you're actually pregnant. It seems like people (especially well meaning friends and family) never know when to keep their mouth shut and love sharing what they think is really great advice. I heard a bunch of stupid comments while I was pregnant and I'm sure a lot of other moms have, too. This decision is between you and your husband. You're the only ones who can decide whether the time is right for you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Do what is right for you.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2010