Room Sharing

Would you let a boy and girl share a room say from birth to 3 or 4 or 5? Do any of your kids share a room?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There should be nothing wrong with opposite sex siblings sharing a room. Just monitor the situation to make sure that neither one is keeping the other awake, especially with a young baby.

Many, many people have shared spaces for longer than past age 5. They learned to change in the bathroom and respect each other's privacy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't see the harm in it.
    Some parents have no choices but to make their gender opposite children share a room.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:23 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes,but by 7 or so,the girl is going to want her own room.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• None of my kids share a room, although I don't personally have anything against it when kids are young. I think it would be really hard to have an infant in with a toddler though due to sleep/wake schedules possibly being different and waking each other up.

Answer by missanc at 10:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, I would at those young ages.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, mine have to. We live in a small house, and if we are still here when they get older it will stay that way. Can't change what you don't have.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my twin boys sleep togeether holding each other. i intend to keep them together for a while
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We have eight children, with one room for the boys and one room for the girls. None of them wants to sleep in a bed alone. They take turns camping out in each others' rooms too. They love being together all the time, and we don't see anything wrong with it.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 11:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• if you have to then i would but when they get older i would make sure they have there own rooms
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Sure. My 8 1/2yo son and 7 1/2yo daughter have been sharing a room for years. My oldest (now 10) used to share with them, too, until last November.
    We're moving to a 3 bedroom house next week and have 5 kids. If we can't fit all 3 girls in one room than my son has to decide which sister he wants to share with until the baby is big enough to move into his room then we'll have to figure something else out for the 3 girls.
    My kids are very close and my son doesn't really care that he has to share with his sister. They are best friends. He's been talking about finally getting his own room (well, now he has a little brother so he will have to share) but he'll accept it if he has to continue sharing.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I shared with my brother until I was 7 and he was 5 but then we had a disagreement about night lighting our room so we separated.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2010