Vent about my daughter's pre school!

They are SO unorganized!! I do however love her teacher and she LOVES the kids in her class. But I am forever having problems with the computer systems and the people who work the front desk. On her first day of school we showed up and they didn't even have her name in the system!! Impossible since we were just there 2 days before for a walk through/orientation. So they fixed that, then the week after they tell me I have not turned in her shot records. YES I HAVE. Thats one of the requirements during orientation. I didn't argue, I just gave them yet another copy of the records. Last month they tried to tell me I have already paid, when I knew damn well that I haven't. Then this month I receive a note saying I HAVEN'T paid, when that is the first bill that was drafted out of our account on the 1st of August. I have complained several times and nothing has helped. But my daughter LOVES it there! I'm at a loss.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I agree, sounds really unorganized, and to me that would make me worry about leaving my child there.... if they can't keep track of who they are supposed to have, who has paid... how are they going to keep track of my kid?
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Keep everything well documented and have copies of everything! I don't think there is too much you can do if you have already tried. Try to relax and know it is the way it is going to be. The experience your child will have is the most important thing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• wow...i could not deal with a preschool like that. My son's preschool is a small, private school. We actually do not sign in. All teachers know parents and people picking them up. Good luck. I would talk to the director.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• if they have this many issues, imagine the issues they might have with BACKGROUND CHECKS for employees? no matter how much she likes it there. it sounds UNSAFE TO ME
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I didn't think of the background check issue. You might want to ask if checks have been done on all employees. I don't know what details you are entitled to know about that.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'd talkt o the director and let her/him know there is a problem.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 6:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Keep everything documented and in a folder so you can prove things to them when they screw up.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2010