Do you like magic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIXqO_jcVXA

Was anyone else blown away by Murray's trick last night on America's Got Talent?? I like magic shows anyways, but this one really shocked me! :) Sorry, but I don't know how to embed the youtube videos.

wenona_mandy

Asked by wenona_mandy at 10:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not particularly no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I do love magic, but I'm hard to impress, lol. My husband does magic as a hobby, and he is amazing!!! He can do everything that David Blaine, Chris Angel, or any other magician can do. Well, that doesn't include huge props, that is. He is REALLY good with cards. Seriously, when we first met and he showed me certain stuff I was scared at first. I thought he was psychic or something, lol! So, he kinda ruins it for me because I know how a lot of things are done. I can still appreciate if something is pulled off well, but I almost always know the trick behind it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• LovingSAHMommy: I envy you having a sweetie that likes to do those things!.. I know that magic is just illusion, but I do love to watch when it is pulled off good. This guy did it real good last night! :)
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• LovingSAHMommy: Can he do the levitation? Just wondering because of your comment including Blaine.
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I like the illusion-type magic tricks that master magicians are able to pull off effortlessly and leave you gasping in wonderment.
    I do not like to watch anything dangerous or life-threatening, though, like what Chris Angel does...something seems too "dark" about it all to me.
    I guess I'm a happy magic watcher instead of a danger one....lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:22 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• PrydferthMenyw: Don't worry. This one last night wasn't dangerous.
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't like things I can't explain. So I wouldn't make a special trip to see a magic show.

Answer by Bmat at 10:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No. Magic is built upon the fact that people are gullible and easily fooled. So...no.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yup...and I HATE watching any magic with hubby- he's always so damn negative and know it all-ish always goes on about how stupid it is.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• charlotsomtimes: I know that feeling about people acting like that. A great uncle of mine that we didn't know at the time was related, was a magician and did a show in the town where I live. My parents took us, and some classmate of my brother's spent the whole show informing us about how he figured each trick was performed. Duh, I KNOW it's illusion, but why not let people enjoy watching it? It's neat and fun! I like the mystery and suspense of it!
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2010