Please help me! IS this harassment?

Is it harrassment if your landlord knocks on your, door six seperate times in a row, so hard, that it leaves pictures off of your downstairs neighbor's wall? My landlord came over today and knocked on my door HARDER than a police officer, and it sounded like she was using both of her fists or something. It was obnoxious, and BOTH of my neighbors came out pissed when she left. The one downstairs had pictures off of her wall because of it. There has got to be something wrong with what she is doing!!

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why didn't you just answer?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Why was she so pissed? Not harrassment IMO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No not harassment. Rude, but that's it.

Answer by Bmat at 10:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It's rude and obnoxious, but I don't see how knocking hard would constitute harassment if she had a valid reason to try to contact you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• depends on what the situation is, if you're not behind on rent or doing something against the rules, and have talked to her already then yes but if not then I'd say probably not because it is her property and she wants to talk to you about something obviously and you haven't answered.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• do you live in a private house, or a apartment complex?

If it is an apartment complex, then you should be able to file a complaint. If you are in a private rental situation, complaining might only make it worse and I would start looking to move.

You could also, answer the door, and tell her that there is no need to "bang". A simple knock will do
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Pretty much anything could be harassment.

Do you live in a complex or a house? Did you figure out my she was trying to talk to you? Maybe something was really wrong and it was urgent? No that I'm validating it. I'd be pretty angry if they did that to me.
    fireflymcl

Answer by fireflymcl at 10:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Are you home and not answering??? No I don't think it's harrassment.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It is very rude but not harassment. Why is see knocking so hard? was there a complaint about you? over due rent? there has to be a reason why she would knock
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Why was she banging on your door in the first place? I don't think it is considered harassment unless it is done consistently. Like every morning she does it. However you should get your downstairs neighbors to call her with a noise complaint and say there was excessive banging that came from your apartment at the time and date she was there that knocked pictures off her walls. lol she might get the hint.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2010