Do you have any easy,few ingredience,recipes that go pretty far?

TootieFruitie

Asked by TootieFruitie at 10:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yup
    tacos
    1 pound ground beef, taco seasoning, 1 cup cooked rice, shells, lettuce , cheese, tomatoes
    i add the 1 cup cooked rice in to the meat when its cooked and i add the taco seasoning. the rice picks up the flavor of the seasoning and you can stretch your meal to cover more people or for leftovers.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I like cooking meat like turkeys because you can get multiple meals out of them. For example sanwiches, hot open sandwiches, turkey rice, turkey macaroni, turkey soup, and so much more with a little imagination.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• chicken, carrots, potatoes and garlic,
    cut chicken into 8 pieces and cut up veggies into chunks, add a lil veggie oil, salt pepper and a few other spices,mix them all together, cover with foil and throw them in the oven on high for about 2 hours. yummy.oh yeah dont forget to add about 2 cups of water, pretty easy.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• enchiladas are pretty easy. Take some cooked meat (I prefer chicken or turkey, but you could also use beans, beef, pork, or even cheese) mix in a can of green chiles and a decent amount of sour cream. Fill tortillas with this filling lay in a baking dish (I prefer to use glass) and poor a can of enchilada sauce over it. Cover with cheese. Bake in the overn at 350 for 25 minutes.

Another easy choice is black beans and rice. I serve it with a little cheese and some fresh cucumber and then I put ranch and soy sauce on the table for whoever wants what.

Sloppy Joes are good I just use manwich and lb of beef.

MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Chicken gravy & biscuits - I can stretch the gravy out to make more and make as many biscuits as I need
    Rice pudding - Rice, milk, eggs & sugar.
    Hamburger stew - 1 lb. ground meat, 1/4 c. flour, potatoes, carrots, green beans, seasonings. Can make as much as I can fit in the pan and still only use 1 lb. ground.
    Spanish rice - rice, canned or fresh tomatoes, sauteed onion, spices, seasonings. Can use as a main dish or as a side to scrambled eggs
    scalloped potatoes - potatoes, milk, small amount of flour & seasonings, sliced onion. Can add ham or bacon if you like.
    Goulash - 1 lb. ground, elbow mac, tomatoes, tomato soup, onion, seasonings.
    French toast
    Shepherds pie - any kind of meat, topped with a veggie, a can of soup or gravy, mashed potatoes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Hashbrown Casserole (with sausage or ham for maindish)

1 large package frozen shredded hash browns
    2 cans cream of mushroom soup, or cream of chicken
    1 cups sour cream
    2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
    Preheat oven to 350, defrost the hashbrowns in the microwave. Mix the soup, sour cream and cheese with the hashbrowns in a large bowl. I add a small chopped onion, and to make it a main dish, I like to add sliced up polska keilbasa, chunks of ham or leftover chicken to it. Then spread it in a 9 x 13 pan and I sprinkle extra shredded cheese on top, bake it for 35-40 minutes (defrosting the hashbrowns helps!!)

Easy and affordable to double if you're feeding big eaters or a large group!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Chili is easy and can go a LONG way! It's also good as leftovers incorporated into other meals. The best thing about chili is there is no right or wrong way it's really what you have into a pot.

Generally I use ground beef or turkey (sometimes I do a vegetarian variety with zuchinni, mushroom, celery, green pepper onion, etc)
    sometimes I add some veggies to my cooking beef (celery, onions, and green peppers) but they certainly aren't necessary.
    Then I add a some cans of various beans (whatever I have in my pantry) a can or two of tomato sauce. I found some really cheap tomato sauce for 44 cents a can at walmart. If I have some I also add some canned tomatoes. Then I season it to my preference in taste.

Then I like to serve it on baked potatoes another night, sometimes on top of salad another night, topping rice another night, and i heard it suggested recently to put it in omlettes.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Spaghetti
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• toast, avocado, tomato, salt

Answer by rkoloms at 5:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Really bad for you meatloaf:

Take a box of Chicken Stove Top Stuffing, cook it to box instructions, let it cool.
    Mix 1 lb of ground beef and stuffing
    split into two halves
    Make bottom of meatloaf in ungreased baking pan - push middle down to form a "well".
    Take about 1/4 lb of american cheese (white) and break apart to fill the well
    shape top of meatloaf over the well
    bake at 375 for about an hour.

Yummy, fattening, but goes a LONG way....
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2010