Is this normal?

im 20weeks preg and i all of a sudden feel very weak and i have just been sitting this morning. I feel like i could just pass out right now and not wake up. I have already eaten breakfast so i dont think its that.

megclark22

Asked by megclark22 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Fatigue is very common during pregnancy.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Have you had your iron level checked? Those are symptoms of anemia. Either way, you should probably call you doctor or midwife and let them know what is going on.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• sounds like your iron is low, or you ate a carby breakfast without enough protein. Eat something and lay down, and if it persists, call your doc.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Are you sick at all? Have maybe a mild sore throat that isn't bad at all so your not even thinking twice about it? I'm just asking that because mid pregnancy I complained to my ob about how I could sleep all day and still be tired and how it felt the same way as when I had mono. So she did a blood test and I had a reactivation of the mono virus. It was no big deal and lasted much less time then the first bout of it did, but at least I knew why I was so tired. She told me the stress on the body from the pregnancy can cause it to resurface with out being exposed to it again. Since I was second trimester there was no danger. She only prescribes orange juice and "as many naps as you can take" and then laughed. She laughed because It was my fifth baby, she knew that, and knew damn well there would be no naps for me!
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree with Erin814
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010