I get its a personal choice..

but I am wondering..What age do you start thinking it is disgusting to see a child nursing?

I nursed my dd til she was 15 months. Some people think that was over the top.

What is your max? This is just to lay your opinion out there please dont be nasty ladies!
My dd was allergic to milk..was going to wean at 1 but she was sick and it took a little longer to wean fully. Sometimes you just give your kids what they need...

For me I think over 2 is a bit much..I personally would like to say over 1 yr..but i understand and mom's going up to 2.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Over the age of two. if a child is old enough to walk and talk it's time to bring in a cup other than mommy's.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I personally say after they can walk. My first wouldn't nurse after 4 weeks and my second one I stopped at 4 months.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• if i saw a mother FORCING a child to breastfeed who didnt, THAT would be over the top for me. however its between a mother and her child when its time to stop.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think it's a personal choice, but I would say by the time they go to preschool it's actually disturbing to me.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• 18 months would be my limit to do it or see it. i just think that a child should be gaining some independence from mom.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I personally think it's a little too much after 2.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• after 1!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I personally like the idea of the child self weening. My DD is 15 months old, and has already self weened during the day time (I started giving her a cup of milk at meals about a month ago). But at night, she still wants to nurse before bed. She won't accept any milk from a cup past like 3pm... So, I don't try to force her to drink, I just cuddle her and feed her like she wants. I will be working soon, and I don't plan to stop feeding her before bed until she wants to stop. As for it being gross to see a child eat... it's never gross.. especially if it's something natural like breastmilk. I personally find it disgusting to see kids eating fast food...
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 10:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think over 2 y.o. is a bit much. personally I would say stop after a year (you can still pump if you want) but after a year I want my kids drinking out of a cup. but that is JMO
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My max was 14 almost 15 mos. After that she just didn't want to nurse any more and was more interested in what her older siblings were getting in their sippy cups. She would walk over and snatch them. Bossy little thing she was. Anyway the age I would make a double take and think "eww I'd never bf that long" is around 4+ If they are old enough to go to pre school then it is time to give it up. I would however never tell a nursing mom to stop at any age.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 4, 2010