i am in louisiana and really need a job, any advice?

I am looking for ANY type of work, I am a happy, smart and hard working mom who just needs a little help

jbrannan

Asked by jbrannan at 10:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would go to everywhere you can find. Have a resume with you. Dress nice and go in to fill out an application. Ask if you can speak to a manager and set up an interview when you complete application. Be persistant. I used to work customer service at a box factory. We had one girl come in every wed. She was friendly and would say I know I'm driving you nutz but I'm just checking on my application. You guys have openings yet? She did that for 2 months..and when we had an opening guess who we thought of and hired?! Keep your chin up, smile and go out everyday looking until you find a job!! They are out there I promise!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You can alway apply at a fast food place. A lot of people make careers of those places and become managers they make pretty good $$$$
    Can you do daycare?
    what about advertising for an appointment sitter, you get paid to sit at someones home waiting for cable man, telephone company, gas company etc etc to come and hook things up.
    would you consider being a dog walker? you could advertise for that as well.
    try thinking outside the box for employment
    sometimes it is just best to go and apply everywhere, even places that you are not sure if they are hiring....you never know

A good way to find jobs is to tell everyone you know that you are looking, they may know someone who knows someone etc etc
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• When we had an openign we went thru the file of applications that we had already recieved. We hardly had to advertise for a position so I agree with just filling out an application at as many places as you can.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If you could write, then you could go to elance.com, freelance.com, digital point forums under Buy Sell Trade>Content Creation, and sell your writing service there. All the best.
    BabyFirstYear

Answer by BabyFirstYear at 11:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Have you thought about work at home jobs? I have some free & easy ones listed at Free Paypal Money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Go to the Louisiana Workforce Commission Site and fill out the application and upload a resume'. .

http://www.laworks.net/

Go to some temp agencies...

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Have you tried the online job boards? Monster, Yahoo Jobs and Indeed to name a few. There might also be local ones for your state, region of your state or parrish. Locally here, some of the TV stations' websites have job boards, so check those, too. Check with the unemployment agency. They can tell you where to look. There's also the newspaper classifieds and temp agencies.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Have you thought about working from home? I can share an opportunity with you that I am doing. It is a way to make $$ very quickly. You can do it full-time or part-time while you look for another opportunity. Let me know if you are interested and I will share with you.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 11:55 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I own a gpt site and work quite a few gpt sites. Here's the link to my blog if you would like more information: http://www.freewebs.com/freemoneyfromhome/
    I also have a another work at home job where you sell dish network and you get paid $100 for every install someone orders through you if you would be interested in that. Both are completley free!!!
    aspiringangel01

Answer by aspiringangel01 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• What skills do you have? What kind of experience do you have? How are you conducting your job search? Do you have an updated Linkedin profile?

There are lots of great tips and resources in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010