If you can not COMPLETELY trust your SO/BF/DH/DP why are you with them?

It blows me away, seeing how many women are so un-trusting and jealous that they would have an issue with their SO/BF/DH/DP being hit on... That they would actually see it as a threat to their relationship.
Worse, the excuse they use is that they trust their SO/BF/DH/DP- just not the other person. If this was so, you would trust them to be put in their place, and not be concerned about your lovely behaving badly.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 10:57 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• APPLAUSE !!! APPLAUSE!!!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't consider it a threat at all. As far as I'm concerned all's far in that thinking if it were to happen. However, did "Tiger Woods' wife really know there was cheating going on or was it really a complete surprise?
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• sometimes it's not that they don't trust them, it's that they don't trust themselves and thus take it out on the other person..

other people in general have trust issues (not necessarily with there SO, but in general) because of past infractions..

so while they may have these issues and don't have complete trust in their relationships, it doesnt mean they should forgo relationships.. it just takes time for them to rebuild a trusting foundation in their relationships.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think that trust is one of those things that takes a long time to get and can be gone in the blink of an eye. I think that there are certain situations in which it's okay to not trust for a while. If you are rebuilding a relationship after an infidelity, there is nothing wrong with not trusting until you build that trust back. If you have been hurt by others in your past, it can be hard to trust.

But I agree with you, being hit on by another woman shouldn't be anything to be jealous over. I take it as a compliment that someone else sees the same things I see in my DH. :)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I trust mine.. and don't think he would cheat on me.. there are just certain situations, I don't like.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have no clue but why have someone in your life you do not trust life is too short for that.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree. Some of the issues some couples have are something that never even come up in my marriage. It's not even an issue, because we trust one another.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If I did not trust my husband I would not be with him.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I trust my DH more than I trust myself.. But I agree with you..
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 11:04 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have no worries I trust my DH. We had a conversation before our dating got real serous. We both talked about our likes dislikes expectationes of ourselves and each other it was all good cleared the air, so to speak no surprises.
    I think it is nuts to be with someone you do not trust. I don't care how many women flirt with or want my DH I know he will put them in their place and always come home with /to me.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2010