Itching??

Did anyone have like an itchy body like real itchy while being pregnant? If so what did you do to calm it down besides lotion, I been using lotion and it helps but only for so long..

mblucky

Asked by mblucky at 10:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Aveeno lotion,its the oatmeal

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Is it your whole body or just your belly? If it is just the belly, it is because your skin is stretching and there isn't much you can do for it accept moisturize constantly. If it is your whole body, it could be some sort of allergic reaction caused by your hormone levels. Heat rash is also a possibility depending on the climate where you are. Either of those, you will want to talk to your doc about it. If it is a hormone induced allergic reaction, anti-histamines will help.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I used coconut oil religiously during my last pregnancy. I was pregnant mainly through the winter and never got itchy. I didn't get any stretch marks either but I attribute most of that to good genes ;)

Taking a fish oil supplement also helps keep your skin healthy and may help with the itching.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my WHOLE body was itchy when i was pregnant and it was awful! it had to do with i think my liver... oh i dont remember. but talk to your doctor about it and they can give you claritin to take that helps.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 11:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yup lol. It's one of the perks!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010