How many have gotten a wrong ultrasound?

Say you were told you were having a girl and then you had a boy or vice versa?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yep! I was 14 weeks, and told we were having a girl. I started decorating the nursery - at 22 weeks we found out we were having a boy. Fortunately, I was able to return most of what I'd bought, and the crib itself was gender-neutral.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• With my first, it wasn't wrong. With this one though, one doc said boy, and the ultrasound tech two weeks later couldn't tell because o his position. Here's to hoping the first doc was right! I would be pretty upset if I bought all this boy stuff and he turns out to be a she.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• The 2 out of 3 that I found out were correct. My last baby we let be a surprise so I don't know what they would have said. :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• well i had an ultra sound and they told me that something was wrong with his brain but i went to a specialist and there was nothing wrong thank the lord i was so scarred
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• im still having that problem.. the doc said most likely a boy.. and not they don't know.
    Audreysmommy123

Answer by Audreysmommy123 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• with my first she wouldn't lay still so they couldn't tell until i was 8 months even then they couldn't really tell they said it looks like a girl, but they couldn't tell for sure. I told everyone it was a girl and got tons of girl things so I would been screwed if it was a boy lol It was a girl. Second one they told me it was 100% girl
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• To DanielIe720- I was worried about this when they told me about my dd and all I wanted to do was reg. for nutral things and I couldn't find anything, So thank god mine was right as well, Everything was for a girl.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 11:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2010