When did my decisions become your responsibility?

My Dh and I have been TTC for #3. We needed medical intervention last time, and haven't gotten that far as of yet. In order to safely conceive I need to stop taking certain medications that I am prescribed (ie; anti depressants, anti psychotics) I have had people tell me that maybe I just shouldn't have any mor ekids if I can't be normal on my own. So my question is do you think I'm being stupid for wanting one last baby? if my DH and I are taking home percautions to stop "mental breakdowns" or at least keep them at bay...am I wrong to be doign this? OR screw the haters its my life and I should do as I please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Health

• I don't invite family into personal business. They don't know about medications, TTC or anything else.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• if u want another baby and ur husband does too than go for it and good luck
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• IMO if you have serious mental illnesses,having more children is a bad idea. Having to lessen or stop taking medications during pregnancy is very scary.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Are any of these people your doctor? IF you want another child and the pregnacy part is not really an issue, have you considered adoption? If the whole pregnacy experiece is what you want, then work with your OB/GYN closely.
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If having a baby would make you feel better about yourself I say go for it. Forget about the naysayers in your life and take control of what you want.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If its okay with your doctor(s) then what everyone else has to say about it is just an opinion and I wouldnt take it to heart.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree with a previous post. Don't invite family/friends into personal business and they won't know what you're doing to TTC.
    Also, you've clearly stopped the medications before to have your other two children, so you know what needs to be done to be careful. If you feel that it is a right move for you and your family then go for it. NOBODY can tell you what is right for your family, only you and DH can decide that. If your doctor is okay with it and is kept up to date, as well as you know how to handle situations that may trigger a "Mental Breakdown" then go for it. You and your husband know what is best, not the rest of your family.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If stopping your medications would make you a threat to yourself or others, I would call it quits. If its just a minor thing, then you should do what you want and have another baby. But also, think of it this way. Will going off your medications put a strain on your marriage/ family life? If so, seriously consider what you are doing. You dont want to bring a new baby into a stressful situation. Good luck with whatever you choose!
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• if I were you I would keep all medical info under wraps. Only You , your DH and the Doctor need to know what is going on. If the Doc said it was okay to go ff meds then go for it. If you did not inform the Doc then I would inform him ASAP, Just to be on the safe side.
    If you want another child you have every right to have one
    G/L Mama
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2010