when can I give her regular milk?

our little one is nearly 1 (in 25 days) and I know she'll be taking regular milk soon, so when can I start? she take formula now, eats toddler food plus table food - she's a good eater! I've also given her sips of milk and she seemed to like it.

luvbeinhermom

Asked by luvbeinhermom at 10:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We always waited until a year old and we always started the milk in a sippy cup. That way when the formula was gone so was the bottle.
    TheWilds

Answer by TheWilds at 9:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Not until 12 months
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• They say start at a year old. That's what I did. The day after his 1st b day he started milk. but 25 days isn't that long from a year so your choice. I wouldn't see harm in starting a little early. Ask the doctor if your really concerned.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My doctor said to start mixing milk with formula at 11 months, and to slowly increase the milk and decrease the formula. Then by 12 months they can handle just milk. He said it was hard on their digestive track to suddenly give them milk with out slowly introducing it. I hope that helps.

Take care and good luck
    gvnlyn

Answer by gvnlyn at 10:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Looks like we all agree 12 months it is so in 25 days congratuations on another step for baby and Happy Birthday Little One.
    godsgirl789

Answer by godsgirl789 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Actually, I have a funny answer. When my daughter was 8 mos old she starting biting me...not cool. I had read in Dr. Spock about milk for infants, so I ask the MD about it. He said it was okay but more complicated than formula. See what you think: whole milk plus sugar, stir, pour. I skipped formula altogether! (Sorry I can't remember how much sugar, but grab his book.)
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• "Actually, I have a funny answer. When my daughter was 8 mos old she starting biting me...not cool. I had read in Dr. Spock about milk for infants, so I ask the MD about it. He said it was okay but more complicated than formula. See what you think: whole milk plus sugar, stir, pour. I skipped formula altogether! (Sorry I can't remember how much sugar, but grab his book.)"

DEAR GOD!! Who would want to give their child SUGAR on purpose, I mean formula has huge amounts as it is.....If you give milk before 12 months it leads to intestinal bleeding and anemia. Wait until 12 months, then slowly make the switch.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2008