What age is good for a toddler bed?

My daughter just turned 2 last month, she is starting to climb out of her crib somedays, and others she'll lay in there watching a movie...is 2 too young to transfer her into a toddler bed?.

Kbrygier

Asked by Kbrygier at 11:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• because she is climbing out, NOW
    wouldn't want her to fall and get hurt.

mine all switched at about 18 months because that was when they started climbing out.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• 2-3

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I had my first daughter in one at 18 months.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my first DD was 11 months old because she was trying to climb out at 11 months my second DD was I believe 14 maybe 16 months old. So 2 years is not 2 young
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• As soon as she is starting to climb out of her bed it's time for a toddler bed. My son was in a toddler bed at 14 months.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My first was 2 and my second and third were 3, but they weren't trying to get out of their crib.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• 4..i joke you..but I do like cribs and try and put that off. I went to the step two twin bed with storage under it. Wasn't cheap, but the kids are up high (they climb a ladder) and really saves my back.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• great! thanks guys!
    Kbrygier

Comment by Kbrygier (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• 18mo for my 1st dd, she hated sleeping in her crib so we tried the toddler bed to get her to stay in her own bed...didn't work that well but at least she started out the night sleeping in her own bed @@ lol
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We're going to switch ours at age 2. Our crib's lowest levels are only a few inches from the ground, so there's no way she'll ever be able to climb out. Two seems mature enough to me to be able to handle the new bed.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2010