How old was your son/daughter

whenever he/she got in the swimming pool for the first time??

Asked by KBM99 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• born in May - had a small pool the next summer

Answer by tripsmom1 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• They were all just a few months old when they went in to the pool with either myself of dad.

Answer by FromAtoZ at 4:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I'm trying to remember. I believe my daughter was about 5 months...maybe less. My son was about a year I think. With both of them I would hold them instead of putting them in a tube. My son was 4 I think when he started swimming around the pool without me holding him (wearing a vest ofcourse). My daughter is 3 and still holds on to me. They both love the water!

Answer by amethystrse at 4:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• both my kids were 2 months old

Answer by CharlotteluvsJ at 5:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I taught all 3 of my boys to swim before they could walk. Babies are not born with a fear of the water and they naturally hold their breath under water. Depending on what season they were born I put them in the pool anywhere between 6 weeks and 6 months. You should be able to find a Water Babies class near you and it is a great way to make new friends! IMPORTANT- once you teach them to swim you must keep them in the water all year round or they will forget. This is a good reason to join an indoor pool or visit a rec center during cold weather.

Answer by nancymkqueen at 6:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I put my daughter in when she was 6 months old. Only because she was born in the winter and the pool opened about a month and a half ago. But if she would have been born in the summer I would of def put her in once she could hold her head up!

Answer by ClarissaG at 7:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• 3 months old. Oldest was overhand swimming by 3 yrs

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my oldest was a preemie so the doctors told me there was allot of stuff in the water that could be harmful for him even with all the stuff they put in there... so I didn't let him go in tell he was a year...

Answer by laura_mae99 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my daughter went to her first waterpark at the age of 1 month... she loved great wolf lodge... that was in the winter... she has been swimming ever since... she is two and swims by herself and jumps in and sliding boards and all... =) my son was born last july... he went swimming as soon as his belly button fell off... we didn't wait with him either... he is a few weeks shy of a year and is swimming with a floaty swim suit... start them early so they aren't afraid...

Answer by angeldud at 9:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My daughter was just shy of three months. She loves the water now and we cannot keep her out of it. We are working on swiming lessons as of right now to teach her the proper way!

Answer by cbr13 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2008