i am 44 could i be going threw premenopausal

i was late on my friend last month totally out of it. did not know what i was going to do. went to the doc and took a preg test and came back . i was so relieved. could i be going threw my premenopausal and if i am what should i be looking out for. do i stay on my birth control. can i still get preg. please help

horselover2

Asked by horselover2 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Health

• yes you could be,and yes you can still get pregnant. you can until menopause is COMPLETELY over.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I was well on my way when I was your age. I was told that pregnancy was a possibility until I had gone a year without a period.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes perimenopause can start as early as your late 30's (in my family we go through it early) and that could last as long as 10 years. Youu are not considered to have gone thru menopause until you have been completely without a period for 1 year
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Have your hormonal levels checked by your doctor, I started menopause earlier than 44, you need to ask your doctor advice on what to do.

Answer by older at 11:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• as far as getting pregnant as long as you are having a period (even if it is small or every other month) you can get pregnant so keep on with the BC
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I started having these symptoms at your age too. Skipping periods, but mostly having heavy periods. Hopefully if you stay on the pill you can avoid the heavy bleeding part. Sometimes it feels like my uterus is going to fall right out.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• stay on birth control. I started way early (35) and now at 48 I'm just coming off the pill.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• can you tell me some of the changes that i will be going threw. so far missed a period. last wk i was sitting in they chair and got really hot i started to sweat. wow what else will be going on with me. i hate this becasue i do not know when i will get my friend
    horselover2

Comment by horselover2 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm gonna be 44 next week... welcome to hell... my little friend comes like clock work still but it is now accompanied by the three day hormone headache that feels more like a brain hemorrhage. Now if that's not enough ~ some months I barely bleed, whiles other months I bleed like a stuck pig. My nails look fabulous which is now a consolation prize for the fact that my hair is falling out. I can't sleep because I sweat my ass off... Been told that perimenopause thing can last 10 flippin years.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME.... left eye twitching...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes you still can get pregnant I am guessing. And yes being 44 it could be if it is your lucky my grandma didn't go through it until she was 60 so ya I think I have a long way to go lol. I am hoping not, but seeing my grandma was 60 I think I maybe that old "sigh" LOL. My mom is 47 she still had it until last summer when she had a hysterectaomy (however that is spelled lol) she had cervical cancer otherwise she would probably still have one.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2010