Breast Pumps..

What is the best one you ever had? and why?

Please include name,price and where you got it.

Thank You.

MamasAngelPie

Asked by MamasAngelPie at 11:48 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my hand LOL the pumps I tried were never very effective. Hand expressing worked much better for me & it's free! ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i had a double electric one i think evenflo made it and i got it at walmart for 50 i loved it
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Lol..@ darkFaery131...so..you just squirt it into the bottle?..did it take long? lol

@britme1027..Did the pump hurt?
    MamasAngelPie

Comment by MamasAngelPie (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yep, hold bottle with one hand, squirt with the other LOL
    and it was pretty quick for me once I got the hang of it, I could get 4-5 ounces in about 5-10 minutes. My hand also simulated baby much better than the pumps, so let down would happen much easier.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• ..lol okay well I'll try it.. thanks lol
    MamasAngelPie

Comment by MamasAngelPie (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I had an Ameda Purely Yours. It was about 150..I think..I bought it through the NICU my son was at. It was a double electric one. LOVED it!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I used the medela for 2 of my babies and after 1yr it was giving up on me good thing was that my job had some avalible so I was still able to pump. but if I get preg again I will go with ameda purely yours its got really good rating and the price is decent. so if I were you and money was not an issue go with ameda.
    Joey07

Answer by Joey07 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I used the manual medela. I couldn't get electric ones to work. I got it for about $30 at Target.
    dreamhopefaith

Answer by dreamhopefaith at 5:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I had a Playtex Double Electric Pump. I think it was about 200.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 8:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am completely in love with my Medela Deluxe Breast Pump! It was expensive! But I got it used from a friend. Check craigslist. Nothing is wrong getting a used breast pump, especially when you have constantly sanitize everything. Mine plugs into the wall, we had to buy that she used the batteries... plugging into the wall, is a godsend. We paid her $100 for it, that was a steal! You can find a good deal. It is worth every penny, especially if you are having more children. It'll make it through all of them, excellent brand! Great for resaling when you are done.
    MeghMirab

Answer by MeghMirab at 10:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010