how do i dry up this milk??

Im not breastfeeding, but my boobs have swelled an became sore as hell. what have u ladies used to help reduce the pain, an dry up the milk quickly? Ive used cabbage leaves already, took pain reliever (have some for my csection), and worn a tight sports bra. any other suggestions??

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cold cabbage leaves inside the sports bra, replace with new ones when they get wilted.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i started to wean my dd when i was breast feeding her so it didnt really hurt call a lactation consulation from the hosp or something to see if they have any other suggestions
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Bare theough it, it goes away after a week or so.. if you fully don't dry up there is a prescription that dries you up.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Make sure the bra is not TOO tight, and DON'T bind your breasts. This can lead to a clogged duct and possible mastitis. Motrin is helpful for the swelling as well. There's a tea called No More Milk, though I'm not sure where you can find it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Tight bras and breast binding are actually not good, because they can cause plugs and mastitis. Now THAT is true pain!

There is a product called No More Milk Tea.

Or just tell your doc to put you on the full estrogen pill today. Dry by the weekend. Estrogen is a known supply killer.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Well, when my milk came in and I got engorged I wrapped a wet towel around a heating pad and laid with the whole things across my chest. It helped but I was also nursing so I had that relief as well. I have heard a warm shower can help too. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Birth control
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 8:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010