cooking in microwave

wondering if anyone has had any experience cooking with microwave pots. I have used glass casserole dishes and bowls in the microwave never heard of pots made just of the microwave am considering getting some just was wondering if anyone has used them before and the quality. they seem pretty inexpensive but just curious here is the site I found them at http://www.myshopkart.net/saleprices/product_info.php?cPath=3294985_3295194&products_id=48218806

sarah.luckylady

Asked by sarah.luckylady at 11:57 AM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i have seen them but not used them
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Nope. I only reheat in the microwave. Never tried cooking in it.
    tretresmom

Answer by tretresmom at 11:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I hardly ever use a microwave. I'm always afraid something is going to blow up on me LOL!
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I usually use lidded glass casserole dishes, don't see the need for anything else.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I've always used pyrex or corningware. Frankly, I don't think cooking in plastic is a good idea. All the articles I've read about hormone disruptors in plastics mention that you shouldn't microwave in plastic.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I've used microwave cooking pots/trays/pans. They are okay to use but a B*&CH to clean! I got rid of mine and went to using microwave safe glassware. Less stuff to store, easier to clean.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I avoid cooking in the microwave - things just don't taste the same when cooked conventionally.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I usually use bowls and plates that say they are microwavable since I only use the microwave to reheat.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2010