Going to visit Dance/Gymnastics places for my DD (3.5yo)

We are wanting to put my dd in something like Ballet/Gymnastics & are going to go check out the places...
What should we be looking at? What should we ask?

I never did anything growing up, and she is our first so this is new territory we are going into..

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, as a former mom who had girls in both, do a thorough inspection of the place, including bathrooms. One of our facilities here was the source of a major e-coli outbreak this past year. If the owners are doing a great job, the place should look pretty clean, including the bathrooms. Also, find out what the teachers credentials are, including how long they have taught, what they have taught, what their eduction is, and what achievements they have. Talk to the community about the other kids who have attended there. The owners should be more than happy to tell you everything and not seem to have an attitude.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010