Do you think this is strange? Especially for a President.

So, today on the Presidents birthday, he and Michele are apart. I'm just curious to know why. He has no important meetings keeping him here. He's going to have dinner with friends and stay in his Chicago home.
Why would they pick his birthday to part. I'm sure they knew there would be talk. Michele could have waited one day if they wanted to be together. Why was this day picked for her and daughter to go on their international vacation?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL.... Gertie, if you can't see others poking fun at the president/politicians then you need to crank the sensitivity down and chill.... I have seen 'jokes, comments, fun poked' at Bush, Newt, Steele... But ohhh wow, poke a little fun Obama and we get the wrath of Gertie.. Paaaaleeeze..  Is that all you got?  slap my wrist and move on...  But when I see an opportunity to poke a little fun, guess what?? I will.. No matter what gertie-lu thinks...  ;oP

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Maybe today had the cheapest airfare.........oh nevermind....the taxpayers paid the bill so cost doesn't matter.

I think it is kind of odd considering how close they seem to be..the date nights and all. Honestly though, I don't really care. I wish he would take an extended vacation. I can recommend some lovely places that have no cell/internet service...he could actually get away from it all.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• At this point in the game, he needs his Chicago donors more.... MIchelle probably told him to raise more money for them Dems or fo-get 'bout it... :oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Is Obama really alone? Do we know the whereabouts of Reggie Love?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Maybe he does not want his kids to see the nastiness of politics. . Who knows

ROFL.... They can't get away from it.. Michelle and Barry have been entrenched in corrupt Chicago politics all of those girls' lives...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Gertie41 - YOU are being the nasty one. First of all, you criticize the OP and call her comments silly. If you don't like the OP don't answer it. Remember the phrase, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all? Secondly, you call THREE other moms nasty and say their posts were pathetic. So, you've bashed FOUR moms on here. Why? because of their opinions about Obama? it IS the politics section...not bashing moms section!!!

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 3:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Not sure. It seems a little strange, but maybe birthdays aren't a big deal in their family? His birthday isn't a big deal to my family. LOL.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• "Especially for a president" - maybe she was trying to say that HE should be the leader of example to spend quality family time together - especially with young daughters who would love to blow out birthday candles for their father on his FIRST birthday as President....but, that's just my interpretation of what she was getting at...
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 3:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• The last three replies were pathetic.Lorikeet,Grlygrlz and Natesmom....just so nasty .

***

GertiLu--

What's so "nasty" about asking about the whereabouts of the President's personal assistant?! Where's your mind at?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• What I find strange is that anyone other than Obama and Michele would care what he does on his birthday!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 3:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010