question about the loss of a child

Who do you think would know more about the loss of a child ,someone of your faith who has never lost a child,or someone who is not of your faith,but does believe in God,and has lost a child?
I unfriended a few friends over this debate.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I think someone who has lost a child knows better. When I lost my son, people just couldn't relate. They had never been in my shoes and couldn't possibly know how I felt. It didn't matter what religion they were.
    jenn1172

Answer by jenn1172 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• anyone who has lost a child would know about it, religion doesnt really seem important in that aspect. People that arent religious do have emotions too.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree with Sabrena..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree with beyondhopes. Anyone who has lost a child will understand the pain that is associated, and may understand different ways of dealing with that pain and understant the grieving process. Anyone one is close to that has the same faith, will likely be able to help with the spiritual/religious aspects and the healing from that end. And, when I state "anyone", I don't mean just anyone, as not everyone is capable of empathy and sympathy. So, of course, every individual is different.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Someone who has lost a child.. If they haven't, they don't know the feeling.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• When my family lost my baby sister, it was very devistating. Some of her close friends helped through the first parts and they were not baptist. There were a couple of other faiths but they all belived in God and did alot of praying. That was about 40 years ago and to this day, all of them will state that their prayers with and for our family is the only way that mom could go on. My dad was in the navy could not stay very long after her funeral.
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• someone who lost a child!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 12:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree with the first response. The loss of a child is an experience like no other. It's like telling a woman what childbirth feels like. You can talk about it till you're blue in the face. But, one will never fully comprehend until they've gone through the experience themselves. Religion may or may not help comfort someone who has lost a child. But, religion does not determine whether or not one has feelings about it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i would say someone that has gone through it
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Unless you've been thru it, you reallty don't know how it feels./No matter what faith they are.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010