How Do You Cope With Immense Stress?

Have you ever been so stressed out that you wake with anxiety and feel anxious and panicky all day? How do you cope with it?

keyaziz

Asked by keyaziz at 12:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Health

• yoga.

Also have your doc give you a physical, I just found out what I thought was stress/anxiety was my body crying out for oxygen. Many illness have anxiety as a symptom.

and I was having crazy bad dreams and fear of driving.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am not personally suffering from stress...but a friend of mine is and am looking for ideas to help :) Thanks.
    keyaziz

Comment by keyaziz (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I smoke, go for a run, read, have a couple drinks. Ok so not all of my stress relievers are healthy...but they help me.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Hmm... Yoga is great, but who the hell has 40 minutes of peace to do it! I sure don't anymore.

So I have to find an outlet to release this stress:

I knit... like a freak...
    I swear... like a truck driver...
    I clean... again, like a freak....

I'm still stressed BUT I live in a really clean house with colorful language and silly socks!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I go to the park and walk the track while my little ones run out energy in the middle of the track (where the rec center football field is) running and playing on the exercise equipment....
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Many good suggestions have been posted. But, I'd like to add that simply breathing can do wonders for a body emotionally & physically. When anxiety hits, the heart races & breaths get short & it becomes a vicious circle...heart races causing shortness of breath causing racing heart...etc. So, reminding your friend to take some nice deep breaths, completely filling the lungs & gently expelling it, will help her a lot. Breathe right along with her so she won't feel like she's doing it alone. It's good for you too! I recently went through surviving stage III colon cancer. Breathing exercises helped me TONS!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010