if you got married

If you got married shortly after getting together with your bf like only being together 5 or so months and getting married, how long did you date him before u got married and how long have you been together. My first time I was dating him 5 months and got married and it lasted 16 yrs. Looking at getting married next May and we been dating only 5 months now. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• We dated for a year before we got married and it lasted 12 yrs.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We were together three years before we were married. Five months is too soon for me. You can't really know someone in that short of a time frame in my mind.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• DH and I only dated 5 months before getting married, and we moved in together after only 6 weeks. But we had known each other and were friends for a year before we got together.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We dated five months and have been married 3 and a half years. We are still married and not looking at divorce, so I believe that short relationships can result in long marriages if the relationship is right. We have a two year old daughter and a son due in November.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Got married 6 months after we started dating, and have been married almost 4 years. We still love each other as much as in the beginning! We have 2 kids. My parents dated for 6 months before they got married, and have been married 34 years
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my hubby and i only dated 6 months before getting married but i knew him for years before we got married and he was my best friend and still is we can talk about anything together and we almost been married for 4 years now
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Dated for 7 months, divorced after 1 year. We didn't know eachother and it didn't turn out too well.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 1:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We met in March '99,married in December "99. So we're going on 11 happy years!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We were together a whopping 3 1/2 months before me got married!! Are happily married for 3 1/2 years not looking at divorce, still very much in love, and thinking of another child within 2 years. He is my best friend. I was with a person for 7 years before him and we were engaged, and I thank God I never married the jerk. Sometimes I think it's a gut feeling or sense that it's right. We take our vows very seriously and say communication, trust, and respect is key to a strong healthy marriage. Best of luck!
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My parents dated for 8 months and were married for 8 years.
    Dh and I dated for 3 years before we got married, been married for almost two years now
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010