which host do you use for your site/blog? where did you buy your domain name?

want to purchase a domain name (ie www.example.com is a domain, www.example.wordpress.com means you dont own your own domain) and I need to buy a host, anyone who does this knows what Im talking about. I am looking for a host that lets you pay monthly, not the lump sum which I keep running into and affordable of course.

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• I use to use godaddy.com . When I go back again that is probably who I will use again.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 12:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I use yahoo webhosting and pay monthly. I set it up several years ago so I'm not sure if their procedure is the same as it was then, but when I did it, it was very simple. And yes, I have my domain name.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I bought my domain name through cheapnames.com or something like that. I use photobiz.com for hosting, but that caters specifically to photographers, so I don't know if that would necessarily fit your needs.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I got my domain name through GoDaddy and my hosting is with Laughing Squid. I chose them because they can host WordPress.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I use Blogger for mine and I believe there is an option in the program for adding your own domain. It's in the dashboard. If you like Blogger, check their frequently asked questions to more information.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• GoDaddy. I will ONLY use GoDaddy. I program using GoDaddy servers. I purchase all my domains and hosting GoDaddy.
    I don't think I can say it enough GoDaddy.com

GoDaddy, can host ANY PROGRAM. WordPress, ZenCart, and all the rest.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 3:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• ok..godaddy was mentioned to me by other sources as well. seems like a lot of people like them and their prices are good .
    moki1984

Comment by moki1984 (original poster) at 2:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2010