How should I advertise my bows?

A lot of websites don't like when you advertise directly. How am I supposed to go out and advertise my bows online? It's such a great way to reach people. I did facebook but what more can I do? Any ideas?

ldburton

Asked by ldburton at 12:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• kijiji offers free ads....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Local sites like kijiji or Craigslist are options, but maybe not the most reliable sources of customers. Lots of people get stood up for meetings, etc. You may want to look into creating at store on Etsy.com where people can place orders online. You have to be willing to ship because goodness knows your clients will come from all over, but it will increase your market visibility.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Sell them Etsy or Ebay.... most websites don't let you advertise for free directly because that is how they make their money. Advertise in your local paper or sell them at local salons...do craft shows...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Check out www.facebook.com/nelliebugs. This woman makes bows and tuts and she is doing pretty good. I think she also does craft shows. It may be a good idea for you to reach out to her and she if she has any advice.
    lvaughn26

Answer by lvaughn26 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Everywhere! Facebook. Make a business page and request all of your friends to "like"...etsy, craigslist. Also, some boutiques buy handmade items to sell in their stores! Check there! Also make some business cards. There is a place where you can make free ones (I forget the name, but it starts with a V I think)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• craigslist or etsy come to mind
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I sell alot of my bows from my Facebook and also on Etsy. I wouldnt try eBay bc Ive got friends who have tried selling their stuff like that on there and you barely break even.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 3:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2010