Am I the ONLY parent

who does not have children with adhd, add, or odd? It seems like every parent on here has a child with one of those 3.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. My DH is ADHD / ODD... But my kids are not. My oldest does have an anxiety issue, but we are dealing with it and he's getting better.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am sure you are not the only one. My 6 yo has ODD.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Nope...Mine have NOT been diagnosed with that. However, my 10 year old has been diagnosed with 'Distruptive Behavior Disorder'..haha..I think ALL kids have that..especially when mom gets on the phone!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I is odd that now more kids are getting sick? is it the food we eat or the water we drink? Is it the shots they force us to give them?

Before it was just kids that where brats and parents could not control them, but now it is different.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think sometimes these days those disorders are over diagnosed. My daughter doesn't have anything like that, but she's young. I would seriously doubt it if someone tried to tell me she does.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• nope my daughter don't have any of those, the only problem that she has is a problem with her bowels! and she is on meds for that and she should outgrow it!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 1:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my daughter is perfectly fine
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Thank goodness mothers have a place to go who have children with these health issues. I cant even imagine how our mothers got through it when there was medication only and not education as well!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Unless lazy, sarcastic and smart ass is a symptom of those things, I believe I fall in the category of "you are not alone!"
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm sure I'll get heat for this, but I think it's that parents need an excuse as to why their kid is a brat instead of it just being bad parenting.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010