Pre screening interview

2 days ago I had a pre-screening interview from a company that found my resume on Monster. I am extremely interested in this position and am dying to know if they are interested in me as well. As I have never had a pre-screening interview such as this I am wondering a few things. How long should I expect to wait to hear from them again? Is it ok to call them to follow up and, if so, after what time frame?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 12:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would wait until at least a week has passed and then call up and ask how long until a decision is made. Tell them you're extremely interested in the position and looking forward to hearing back from them. Keep it short and sweet. And remember, there is a fine line between persistance and harassment, so only call one time.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would follow up a week after the interview. Good luck!!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I always do a phone screen before deciding who to bring in for face-to-face interviews.

Do your homework; be prepared with great questions and great answers.

Good luck, and make sure that you send a thank you email.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010