How Can I?

I have a 19 month old Daughter,(Eden) and I am 8 months pregnant..Eden still wakes up for a bottle at least 2 or 3 times a night..I try and not give it to her and let her fall asleep..but sometimes she won't stop crying and I have to give it to her so I can go to sleep. Any one else that has this problem? if so how did you solve it?

MamasAngelPie

Asked by MamasAngelPie at 12:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just threw out the bottles when they turned one.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Never had the bottle issue. My sister did with her oldest. She just gave him water and he no longer wanted to drink the bottle after that.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• ..Yeah I don't think I could do that..she needs at least 1 when she goes to bed or at naps..
    MamasAngelPie

Comment by MamasAngelPie (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• oh @ elly25..thats a good idea..I'll try that. THANK YOUUUU
    MamasAngelPie

• That's going to be tough to break her of, but you need to for your own sanity. Research I have read says that sleep patterns are pretty engrained by age one, and that habits like this if reinforced too long are much harder to break. In hindsight, you probably should have put your foot down and stopped giving her midnight bottles several months ago, but since you didn't, there is no time like the present. Stop giving her the bottles now and force her to find another way to soothe herself. If you don't, you risk having her demand bottles at night every time the new baby does.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I didn't have that issue that far along, so I'm not sure how your daughter would react to changes, but I'd probably try to space out the feedings until she kicks one of the nightly bottles and so on. My son didn't sleep through the night until he was 2 and that's pretty much what I did to get him over wanting me to soothe him when he woke up. I like what the PP said about switching it to water. GL!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010