School for the first time, what do I do?

So this is the first year that my 4 (5 in September) daughter will be going to school. Granted, it's only preschool, but this is the first time that I have more than a minute without looking after someone. Does anyone have any ideas of things to do/ what do you do for a few hours a day for only a few days a week? It doens't seem long enough to get a job, but way too long to sit around and watch t.v. Ideas?

eprotulipac

Asked by eprotulipac at 1:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in

• Find a balance between what you enjoy doing and what needs to be done. Run errands, do some cooking, get ahead on housework - and spend some time relaxing, reading, doing the things that you enjoy!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Clean while she's gone. I took up a nanny job when my son went into preschool.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Take some online classes?, deep clean, volunteer somewhere, intense research on a subject that interests you? I still find that I don't have enough time during the day to get everything done..even though they are both in school all day. It doesn't help that I am a full time student and work full time on the weekends. Good luck to you!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• That's when I get my grocery shopping done, the walmart run, take some time for me.... do some crafts, read a book, work on scrapbooks, work on some Christmas gifts... stuff like that. It seems like a long time, but it goes buy so quick before you know it the few hours in over and the house is alive again!! Enjoy the down time..... you've earned it mom!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• That is your "you" time. Take time to pay attention to what you need/want out of your day. I also agree with the 1st response. Find a balance in what you want to do and getting ahead on what you need to do. Even if you set a single hour a
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Oops...computer locked up and then posted on me...

Even if you set a single hour aside for just yourself, you will feel better as you, as a mother & as a wife.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Volunteer somewhere that means something to you. It is a great way to give back and also to make friends with similar interests.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Volunteer, find a hobby, go shopping, clean, do laundry.. lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Farmville.
    OK, just kidding.
    I was in that position last year, my son was in pre-K for a half day. I got all my house work done, went grocery shopping, started going to an exercise class, or other things. I also volunteered in my kids' classes, since I finally had the time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Pick up a hobby or something, or maybe now you can just kick up your feet and RELAX!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:09 AM on Aug. 20, 2010