Invited out by my soon to be ex hubby

In about 3 weeks our divorce will be final but he called me today to invite me to my favorite retaurant of all places to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Do whats right for you? If your not feeling it why waste your time doing what you do not feel.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Did you ask him what the purpose of meeting for dinner? Do you normally attend events or go to places without knowing the agenda? And what grounds did you file for divorce? More insight would lead to a more refined and beneficial answer for you.
    Nothing wrong with having dinner but at your fav restaurant could mean he wants to reevaluate your situation and get back together. An option? You have to set the agenda of what is or what isn't permissible to talk about. If you don't set any guidelines then your leaving yourself open to a table of options for him. And if you're definitely not interested in getting back, then tell him you have a date that night.
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Oh geez, the day of court hearing my ex had me on the steps of the court house begging me to reconsider....It was very uncomfortable...if you go just remember he probably has an agenda in place.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• All I can say is..good luck.
    For me, in the middle of all the b.s. we were going through with the messy divorce he decides to ask me to go out with him on our anniversary. Really.
    men.ugh.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• good luck and be careful
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 1:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My ex and I remained on friendly terms during (and after) the divorce. We even went to the court-ordered "divorced parenting" class together. Hopefully you're on friendly terms, and he doesn't have an agenda.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• People think that because they've decided on divorce they can't get back together. It's a good thing to get back together with the father of ur children so why not go and try to make it work?
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Be careful, be already determined to know what you'll say before questions are said about reconciling or anything, it is confusing and hard to go backwards but second chances are nice too. Know what you want so you don't get disappointed but also know they have a hard time letting go of ego trips, so you might be setting yourself up for a roller coaster of again confusion and mixed emotions. Mine could beg for steak dinner, trip to Europe, blah, blah and I would go if I wasn't doing anything better but it would be to just use and abuse him like he did for years to me...I know it up front and would have fun playing him like he tries playing me so my heart doesn't get shattered like he did so many times before. I went back and forth for 14 long hard years..now, I concentrate on me but me doesn't mean I can't have a nice dinner with someone I use to be in love with and now I just keep in touch with.
    wilmasap

Answer by wilmasap at 7:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010