Depressing Anniverary....

Today is my husband and mine's 3rd Anniversary and we are spending it apart. He just deployed a couple weeks ago. We didn't even get to spend our 1st Anniversary together because he deployed and from the looks of it we will be spending our 4th one apart to because he might do a back to back deployment (by his choice). He's switching branches after this deployment and was told he probably go back out. This sucks. I can't go out and do something for myself because I have 2 little one's here with me and I don't want anyone watching them right now because my youngest is sick and only wants me and freaks out if anyone else tries to hold him. Any suggestions what I can do by myself? I don't have TV because we just moved into a new place and it still isn't set up.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh, my.

thank you for your contribution to our country. The wives go unappreciated so often.

Make something nice for yourself to eat and snuggle your babies, and have some good chocolate.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• YOu can do it sweetie. Set up that tv take the kids out and rent a movie for you to watch when they go to bed. I got out of the military when I got married because I didnt want to deploy and leave dh with the kids alone for long periods of time.......
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 1:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Anniversaries without my husband are difficult. (he was killed by a drunk driver). Usually I just focus on our daughter. We spend a quiet evening together, I make a good dinner and then after she's gone to bed I reflect on how thankful I am for all the good things that I have and have had in my life.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Get the TV fixed and watch something after a great dinner with you and the kids! Don't think of it as depressing but a celebration of your marriage and the two wonderful kids you have. Then when he gets back, maybe you two should sit down and evaluate his options instead of deployment. If it's his option, why is he going? Is there anything stateside that he can do to be with his family?
    Remember, you can't make up anniversaries but plan future anniversaries better!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• First, THANK YOU! for your service and your DH. You for supporting him, and him for defending us.
    I would go get a steak or your favorite food, and send him an ecard or just an email if you cant talk to him. If you cant get the tv hooked up, could just hook it up to a dvd player to watch a movie? After you put the kids, give yourself some pampering. Bubble bath, nail polish and a facial.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010