Breastfeeding Twins?

I am 26 weeks pregnant with twins and up untill now I have been pretty confident with raising multiples.... but all of a sudden i'm freaked out...

how do I breast feed? what if i'm alone? how can I pick them both up to feed? etc...

I will have help for the first week but after that my husband is back to work and i'm alone with the twins....

anyone have any tips? twin moms answer only please

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 1:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am not a mom of twins, but my best friend had twins so I can share what she did. She got both into her lap, and then got one to latch. Then she got the second one latched. She used a twin nursing pillow. Sometimes she didn't have to feed them at the same time, so it wasn't an issue. When she did, she used the pillow and she did great! Make sure you locate a lactation consultant and she can help you tremendously! Congrats and good luck!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

• It is possible : ) I do not have twins so I cannot give you tips but I've heard nothing but good things from Mother's of multiples that have attempted and succeeded with this. Good luck to you!

I've watched that "make room for multiples" show and the Mom's that did breastfeed/feed in general always said to keep their feedings together. To get them on a constant and good schedule together.

You can do it : )

MeghMirab

Answer by MeghMirab at 10:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010