i just put my 18 year old daughter out i've been taking care of her since her cell phone gotten broke i told her i can't continue to pay if the phone doesn't work, my mother tends to favorite her outta my sons and i don't like that when my mother is in the picture trouble starts9 tell me if i'm right i believe my mom been filling her head up) i really been trying to be cool be today i could'nt take it anymore i don't have money to waste she had money to replace her phone but did'nt

i really don't care to be bothered with her or my mother i believe since my mother has MS she's trying to get her down there to help her but i don't like the way she's going about it my mom kept telling me she's grown and she can stay where she wants , i know she is but i was trying to her get herself together btw my mother was'nt ever interested in havin any of us around until her druggy boyfriend be MIA , so what do you think of this and oh yeah my mom has given her a couple of dollars here and there and my daughter been saying i don't want to do anything for her but i've been the only one taking care of her and my mother keep telling her she could stay with her instead of butting out of it , i know what's best for my daughter but i can't put up with my mom behind my back talking shit on a sly, i figure to just let her run there if she wants but never allow her back to my house ever again that won.t be a problem.....advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I think Gr-Mom shd stay out of it, she had her chance raising her own, now it's your turn to raise your own. If your DD is old enough at 18 to have the pho she certainly shd be able to pay fr it. Tell your Mom all she does is make things worse, let you & your DD try and resolve your own affairs, or else let her pay the bills for your DD and also take the grief an 18 yr old we all know can dish out.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Well good you are treating your daughter like an adult. Good for you. By the way, now that you have done that, dont let her talk you into paying for it again. If she wants to be an adult, its time for her to be paying for her own bills.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Tough love is the best thing for her and if she wants graandma than let her learn from the school of hard knocks
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 2:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I hate to see this she is going to have to find out for herself. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• This is your child not your MOMS, You make the decisions not Grandma. I would not put her out though. Tough Love is staying nd going thru it, putting them out is the Easy way out. You can be firmr and let her know you are the Boss. She dont get Priveleges like a Cell Phone, Car or anything else. Let Grandma pay for her phone if she want to talk to her. Your daughter is not GROWN et. The law says she's a young adult, but she's not grown tillshe paysher own way. Put er in school or get a job
    Mommyruff

Answer by Mommyruff at 9:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i think if your mom has had any hand in helping raise her she should not be treated like that ,remember she is still a mom too and there is better ways to handle the situation without all the negativity.
    akamom400

Answer by akamom400 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2010