Have you ever went on a household chores strike? How long did it last before your gave in?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I haven't exactly gone on strike, but I did engage in a small battle once. I've always done ALL of the household chores. Several years ago, my husband had made himself a snack and taken it to the sitting room off of our master bedroom. He left the plate on the side table. When I noticed it later that evening, I asked him if he would please take it with him on his way downstairs. Not a big deal, but he decided to say "no". So I left it there knowing that eventually he'd get sick of it being there and remove it (for me to wash later). This went on for MONTHS, me cleaning around it, him pretending it wasn't there. Eventually we separated and he packed his things and left - leaving the plate on the side table. Heh. I should have known that out of all the battles I chose NOT to fight that this one teensy thing would be a battle lost. It's still funny to the both of us 9 years later.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 5:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Two weeks and when the DH FINALLY did some dishes, then I jumped in to help. But those two weeks were hell......... Not for the faint of heart.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes! less than a week I couldnt stand it and it was not working to my benefit...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If I don't do it it won't get done. They will just do without. So Sad.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes no one cared.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm too embarrassed to say how long mine lasted. Let's just say I have some health issues that kept me from it. One day, my hubby and 13 at the time daughter just started cleaning, and cleaning, and cleaning. lol It's been kept up on ever since..as my health issues only sporadically come these days. Plus, they both learned how long I can go. haha
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, I do and then I end up doing twice as much work to get stuff clean b/c my DH could care less. hehe
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2010