i just got a positive pregnacy test but then i just started my period! what dose it mean?!

i woke up this morning and took another pregnacy test because the oness from yesterday were unclear like bearly possably visable or didnt even show up. so i took one this morning it was the e.p.t test and it came out positive but right after that i started my period! WHAT DOSE THIS MEAN !!!!! HELP!

jmcwilly

Asked by jmcwilly at 2:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Some women can still have a period while being pregnant. But if you are bleeding very heavy I would go see a doctor right away.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It could be implantation bleeding. I would wait it out and see how long the bleeding lasts and take another test in a few days. If you are miscarrying Dr.s really can't do anything at this point so I would prefer to stay home and not be poked and prodded unnecessarily. But if it will give you peace of mind contact a care provider or health clinic and see if they can get you in.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It could be what the ladies are saying but it could possibly a chemical pregnancy as well. I hope things work out for you!
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 2:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You could just have bleeding from the pregnancy. I experienced this during two of my pregnancies. However, it could be early miscarriage. A blood test at the doctor's office done now and again in a few days would tell you if you are miscarrying or not. I don't know what a doctor would tell you being this early in pregnancy. Call your doctor.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Okay,
    Were you a virgin at the time of Sex?
    After your first time you do blead like you are having your period a bit.
    Just use a pad and you'll be fine.
    Are you regular with your monthly visitors?
    If you are and you keep track on your calendar of your monthly
    visitors than one that should not even be an issues and two you are fine and dandy NOW!!!
    And yes you could be very pregnant now but go to a clinic or your doctor?
    They are best at telling you things like this!!!
    Lots of Love and Best Wishes
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010