i just put my 18 year old daughter out i've been taking care of her since her cell phone gotten broke i told her i can't continue to pay if the phone doesn't work, my mother tends to favorite her outta my sons and i don't like that when my mother is in the picture trouble starts9 tell me if i'm right i believe my mom been filling her head up) i really been trying to be cool be today i could'nt take it anymore i don't have money to waste she had money to replace her phone but did'nt

my daughter has a vey funky attitude and it's sad to say that if she was'nt my daughter i would'nt have anything to do with her . i believe my mom been talking shit behind my back my mom tends to favor her than my sons, now my mom has my uncle out the nursing home to spend since my grandfather passed i guess for money btw she has MS and since her drug addict boyfriend stays gone for weeks at atime i think that's why she wants her down there my mother threw allher eggs in 1 basket with her druggy bf but now that his addiction is outta hand she needs people to lean on and she's causing a problem in my household with my children by trying to throw money their way ( i gotta another post talking about this in the adult children section) i saud that i should pretty much be threw with my mother and daughter i was trying to hang in there and help my mom out but she does sneaky things when it comes to my children, how do you see this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• my son gets favored by his aunt and im having problems with it also. As for the cell phone, i would just let it go to hell depending on who's name its in. if its in yours, i would take the phone away from her and give it to someone trust worthy that will pay it or use it for yourself. if its not in your name, do what you want, just because you cant come up with the money, doesnt mean you should worry about pple getting mad at you. see how life takes care of itself when your done caring for things like cell phones especially at your daughter's age.

you dont need to give into this charade that your mother is doing with your daughter. since your daughter is at the age of an adult, she should be taking responsibility, even before she turned 18, she should of gotten a job. avoid the phone calls from your mother and avoid the situation as best as you can. the best thing is to avoid it all together and stay out of it
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Your daughter is 18, an adult she needs to learn to take care of herself,
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Tell your mom that dd can move in with her for awhile. Lets see how grandma covers the phone charges!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Cell phones can become costly and teenagers love to use them. that goes without saying. However, if you don't have extra money to foot the cost, there are two ways to deal with this situation. Your daughter could try to pay for any cost beyond the need for emergency cell phone usage or limits need to be established in order to have a cell phone at all. As you know grandmothers have a different relationship with their grandchildren and sometimes have a tendency to spoil and be more giving in to the wants than we, the parents will.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• be sure to praise your daughter as your daughter does things for you and you only. hope that one day she will see that you are her mother and respect you as her mother.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• if the cell phone is through a company and body can buy a cell phone off of craigslist and put the SIM card into one that is similiar to her phone
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yep,
    Your ADULT kid is now just that an ADULT.
    Treat her like one.
    Stop coddling her every need.
    Without some tough love she will never grow up and if it is that bad of an issues.
    Just let her move in with her Grandmother see how long that lasts?
    Bet you she will be crying for MOMMY in about 2 days.
    Kids need to learn to live without CELL Phones and Myspace and Face Book there comes a time when you need to let her deal with life's nasty consaquesces and let her get burned or bitten by life's sharks.
    Good Luck
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Honestly I have no clue what you are trying to say here it's such a mess. Would love to help, but IDK what you are really asking. ;o(

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You can not help, someone who does not want help......

If you really believe, your mother can not make correct desions, i would contact a Lawyer.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You should have given her a deadline to replace her phone and if not then told her you would no longer pay that bill but throwing her out was a bit much. Actually if she went to the police you could get in trouble. You are legally her landlord and landlords have to legally evict which is a process. You can't just throw people in the street like an unwanted dog. I don't think your mom has anything to do with your poor judgment on this. What did you teach your child by casting her aside like an old newspaper? Parents should teach lessons not throw kids away bc they don't do exactly what we say. I think all three of you should get together and discuss this like mature adults.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010